Florence County Museum welcomes submissions for exhibit consideration. Submissions are reviewed quarterly by the staff and an appointed committee of the FCM Board. Learn more about the submission process and guidelines below.
The Florence County Museum welcomes submissions for exhibit consideration. Submissions are reviewed by the staff of the museum along with an appointed committee of the Florence County Museum Board. Submissions that fulfill the mission of the museum and strengthen our vision will be considered.
The Exhibit Committee reviews proposals quarterly. After review, the committee recommends favorable submissions to the Florence County Museum Board.
To ensure that submissions fit within the scope of the mission of Florence County Museum, please review the Florence County Museum Exhibit Policy.
Please include the following materials with your science, history, or art submission:
• Contact info (Name, Address, Phone, Email)
• Resume/CV with exhibit history
• Exhibit description/Artist statement
• A brief statement explaining how exhibiting your work would help fulfill the mission and strengthen the vision of FCM
• Corresponding image list which includes the title, date, medium and dimensions for each piece
• 10 – 15 images (4 x 6 inches at 72 dpi), which may include exhibition or installation shots
• Applicants working in time-based media may also include a link to their Vimeo or YouTube page
All materials must be included in a single PDF file (maximum 5 mb). This file must be labeled as follows: Last Name, underscore, Exhibit Submission and year.
For example: LASTNAME_ExhibitSubmission2017.pdf
Submissions are only accepted through this online process. Do not send unique or valued materials by mail as they will not be returned or reviewed.
A representative of the Florence County Museum will contact you in regards to the status of your submission after it has been reviewed by the exhibit committee.